DARGAH. This DARGAH is in Shajapur. This DARGAH
is known as "SAYED HAJI HAJRAT SHAH KI DARGAH".
On the occassion of RANGPANCHMI peoples organise
MELA and URSA here.
is a town in Malwa region of Madhya Pradesh state in
west-central India. It is the administrative headquarters
of Shajapur District.
was recognised at the time of Shahjahan. Observing the
natural beuty of this area , Fauj of Shahjahan decided
to take a halt here . This place was known as "
Khankarakhedi " . Shahjahan and his fauj liked
this place very much and consequently when Shahjahan
became SAMRAT he considered the importance of this place
for his Southern campaign. In 1640 Meer Bigo was appointed
here as Koutwal . He with Shri jagannath Rawal prepared
four DWARs in four directions . In centre a marketing
centre was developed .
Consequently this area was populated gradually and converted
in colony. Surrounding this place a wall was also prepared.
Then in respect of king Shahjahan it was named as "
Shahjahanpur". In Shahajahanpur twelve areas were
located named Magriya, Mahupura, Dansi, Muradpura, Vajeerpura,
Kamreedpura, Lalpura, Dayra, Mugalpura, Golyakhedi,
Juganbadi meerkala. Muradpura was named after Shahjahan's
son and Muradpura and Meerkala were named after Meer
Bigo himself .
is said that Chadralekha river ( which is now Chiller)
was flowing in North direction before but after establishment
of huge fort and for its safety it was brought from
East as a PARIKHA of the fort . So at the time of Shahjahan
(1628-1658) Jama Maszid, so many temples etc. were developed.
He was very satisfied with developments and he honored
Shri Jagannath Rawal by giving Jageer of Moja magariya.
at the time of Aurangjeb (1656-1707) , this area was
totally ignored . After downfall of moughal dynasty
, Shahjahanpur was brought in the Scindia state in 1732
and so many administrative changes were performed. The
name "Shahjahanpur" was now " Shajapur"
in this period only. A beautiful palace in the fort
was also developed by Tarabai. In 1904 it was declared
as a district.
MASJID JAMA MASJID is located on the bank of the river
chiller. This masjid is construted by the HAIDER ALI
TEG. This masjid is near the BADSHAHI BRIDGE.